Back in 2020, Twitch launched its Watch Parties feature for desktop web browsers, which allows viewers to watch videos and shows from Amazon Prime Video in perfect unison with their favorite streamers. Twitch has announced that Watch Parties are now available on mobile iOS and Android devices. We’ve outlined how to use Twitch Watch Parties on mobile devices.
[Edit]How to Join Watch Parties on a Mobile Device
- First, you must be an Amazon Prime member and have access to a Prime Video subscription. The content you want to watch must also be available in your region. What this means is that, if a streamer is watching a movie in Russia, but you’re Amazon Prime is based in the U.S., they might be streaming movies or TV shows not available in the U.S. If you don’t have an Amazon Prime account, but would like to make one check out our article: 3 Ways to Make an Amazon Account.
- Open the Twitch App and log into your account. If you don’t have an account you will need to create one at this time, which is easy and free. Check out our article on how to make a Twitch account: How to Create an Account on Twitch.
- Once you are logged in, navigate to the “Discover” page with the compass button in the middle of your screen. On the Discover page, click on the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner and search for “Watch Parties.”
- Scroll down to the “Categories” section or click the “Categories” tab underneath the search bar. This will bring you to all the Watch Parties currently being streamed.
- Select the stream you want to watch by clicking on it. If this is your first time joining a Watch Party from a mobile device, Twitch will ask you to log into your Amazon Prime or Prime Video account. Click “authorize this device” and enter your login information.
- Once you’re logged in, you’re all set to watch Amazon’s video content with your favorite streamers. Much like following along with a video game, you can participate in the chat, subscribe to channels, and show streamers support by cheering.
[Edit]Important Information For Streamers
- Unfortunately, you streamers on Twitch cannot stream Watch Parties from mobile devices. To use Watch Parties, you will need to be set up on a desktop device. If you stream regularly, you should not need to make any modifications to your setup to start a Watch Party.
- Watch Parties also do not count or impact a path to Partnership (those looking to monetize their accounts and receive special creator privileges).  But, this should not discourage you from using Watch Parties! With its expansion to mobile, more and more users will be able to see your content on-the-go, which could earn you more subscribers and grow your channel.
- This feature is going to become more popular. With Twitch’s mobile expansion it’s likely you’ll see a lot of your favorite streamers begin to use this feature more and more and you can enjoy their content on the go.